Now updated to include newer maps and photos, with height reduced by 20mm to make it even lighter in weight to support carefree traveling, this comprehensive guidebook to the Camino de Santiago and its offshoots contains all the information needed by modern-day pilgrims wishing to walk the sacred Way of St. James. Overview route planners plus daily stage maps and detailed town plans help sojourners with all the advance preparation they need. The maps feature contour guides to help distinguish the terrain that will be crossed each day, while full information on all pilgrim hostels, as well as details for alternative accommodation, allow travellers to plot adequate nightly stopping points. All reference information is accompanied by helpful spiritual guidelines to support the seeker's inner journey as well as the outer pilgrimage. Otherwise known as the Camino Frances, the main route covered in this volume is the most popular sacred route through Spain, from St. Jean Pied de Port to Santiago. 16th (2019) edition.
288 pages paperback in full colour including:
- Overview route planner
- 33 daily stage maps showing optional routes
- 33 Contour guides
- List of pilgrim hostels and alternative accommodation
- 15 Town plans
- Over 270 colour photographs
- Practical notes on preparation including Equipment and clothing checklist
- Dictionary with basic pilgrim phrases
- Historical notes and places of special interest
- Inspirational quotations
- Space for Personal reflections
- Self-assessment questionnaire to help prepare for the inner journey.
All this designed to fit easily into your pocket.