This easy-to-use photographic identification guide covers 292 of Australia's common and iconic insect species.
- For each family, genus or species account the authoritative text describes identifying features, distribution, habitat and habits
- Size, common and scientific names are listed
- An overview of modern Australia insects, non-insect hexapods and life cycles
- Snake safety and first aid recommendations
- Complete up-to-date checklist of all Australian insect orders, covering families, genera, species and subspecies
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Peter Rowland is a wildlife conservationist, educator and nature photographer, and worked at the Australian Natural History Museum for a period spanning 20 years. Peter has travelled extensively throughout Australia as a biodiversity consultant, and has written and co-authored 12 books on Australia's wildlife. In 1999, Peter was the recipient of a Whitley Award from the Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales.
Rachel Whitlock has studied biological science at The University of Queensland (UQ) and the Queensland University of Technology (QUT), and is currently researching insect systematics and taxonomy. She is interested in exploring Australia's unique faunal diversity and how evolution has helped shape it, alongside engaging and educating the general public about biodiversity and conservation.